Following up from my previous post, I am very happy to be able to share with you the second masterclass Maria and I ran for Fritjof Capra’s Capra Course alumni network. The title we chose for the masterclass was Strategy for Activists, and the focus was on helping people who are agents of change understand how they can best impact on the long term strategy of a business or organisation.
As business consultants who are often asked to created ‘meaningful disturbances’ for organisations, Maria and I share many experiences in strategy and change management, including looking at the strategic role which HR departments have to play. Some of the areas we cover in this masterclass include:
- Getting to know an organisation
- How to build up trust and develop a relationship
- Understanding an organisation from their perspective
- How to structure dialogue
We also answer a number of questions which alumni had sent to us prior to the masterclass, such as:
- 1. In its present form, can capitalism eradicate poverty in the world, and create a sustainable world?
- What if the leaders talk the talk, model it in their output, but can’t see that their governance practices are still stuck in top down, linear practices?
- What potential corporations have for supporting the planet and not destroying it?
We hope you find it an interesting and instructive class. If you are interested in finding more about Fritjof Capra’s Capra Course, please visit the website here: capracourse.net. Registration is now open for the Spring 2018 edition, with the first lecture starting on March 7th.